Thursday, March 31, 2011

Of Black Gown, Hood, and Cap: Graduation Reflection

Photo credits to www.google.com 
"Little by little the idea of graduation sinks in to my system. 
I finally made it after four (4) years of partying and province-hopping. :) 
- my FB status as of March 31, 2011 


The Black Gown
Sa pagkahaba-haba din daw ng exam, sa graduation stage pa din ang tuloy... 

I can still remember vividly the past four years of my life as a college student. And now I am about to shed my filthy academic uniform to wear a “new” and very hard to get dress – The Academic Gown. 

According to my friends we will wear a costume-like dress that similar to those used in cosplay of anime characters, hehehe. Without being serious, we did not realized that black gown or whatsoever you want to call it, was the fruit of our unending love to learning. 


The Hood 
The hood signifies the pillar of my success as a person. I will be wearing white hood during the ceremony for being alagad ng sining at agham. It was put over the black gown to guide our ideals and aspirations as a young professional and a responsible citizen of this country as well. 

The hood will allow us to remember that we need to uphold the values of our respective colleges. It will epitomize the perseverance of each and everyone to achieve the ultimate goal in college – to graduate. 


The Cap 
Funny it may seem but I really don’t know the reason/s behind wearing that unusual equilateral thingy above our heads. But let me discuss my own interpretation of the famous symbolism or somewhat it is synonymous with the term graduation. 

To me, the cap will protect us from knowledge invasion plot by power hungry colleagues. While wearing the cap it will assure us that we have something and we are somebody who can stand the test of time. Aside from its comical depiction the cap will empower us, and will strike a chord that – hey! You spend four years in college, show them what you go! 


The Graduation 
The very reasonable gift to my parents after surviving years of uphill struggle just to send me to a dignified academic institution is to tell them that I will graduate; nothing more, nothing less. 

I will miss everyone and everything. The late night classes, the pep talks during Mathematics class and the unending support of Google, Wikipedia, Encarta, and Youtube just to finish demanding and tedious requirements. As I would like to end this note, I will guarantee everyone that the best is yet to come. Savor the remaining moments with your beloved companions during the grievous yet thriving mission to finish schooling.  ~ dregzdiscoveries ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...